Promotion management is a dialogue with your promoter. Sometimes content needs a tweak before it's ready.
👉 Check out our quick step-by-step guide to approving promotions.
When a promoter schedules a promotion to run in your newsletter, you receive an email alerting you that the promotion is ready for review:
From the email, click on Review Promotion to open the promotion view modal, alternatively, go to the Promotions page and search for the promotion ID that you see in the email using the search bar:
On the right side of the promotion, click on the then click View, or click anywhere on the promotion's row to open the promotion view modal.
New promotions will show a Needs approval status, to update the promotion status, you can either choose to approve it or request changes to it.
- From the promotion view modal, click the dropdown menu to select Request changes, write a comment in the comment box and click Submit
- Write what changes you want the promoter to make, be as detailed as possible. For example:
- please upload a higher resolution image as the original is very blurry.
- please provide a new call to action link, the one you provided goes to a page that doesn't exist.
- After clicking the submit button, it will trigger an email to the promoter about the new promotion status with a link that goes to their promotion view page where they can read and reply to your request.
- If the promoter decides to write a comment back, you will get an email notification, from there, you can read their comment, or you can go straight to the promotion view modal to view the full conversation.
- If the promoter doesn't decide to leave a comment but makes the required changes, you will not get an email notification, but the status of the promotion will go from Changes requested back to Needs approval, and the promotion will move from Waiting on them to Waiting on you.
- Select Comment in the dropdown menu to leave any additional comments and click Submit.
Approving a promotion
Approving a promotion does just that. The promoter gets a confirmation and the status of the promotion updates to Approved and moves to the Waiting on you section up until the promotion's scheduled date.
The only thing left to do is to place it in your newsletter:
How does the approval status of a promotion affect promotion placement, or feeds?
If you are sending newsletters through Letterhead, only approved promotions will automatically insert into your content.
This is a manual process and the Copy button is always available in the promotion view model, make sure you review the promotion before pasting the code in your newsletter.
If you are using the Promotions API, you have control as to which promotions appear with your query. By default, only approved promotions will show, but you have full control.
If you are using your Promotion RSS feed, it works pretty similarly to the API and while by default only approved promotions are displayed, you have full control.