With Letterhead, you can create campaign placeholders across your brand's newsletters and sell them through your Letterhead store.
Creating a campaign for sale
To be able to sell via Letterhead, you will need to integrate your Stripe account. Please refer to this article for more information.
Once you have logged in to Letterhead, make sure you are in your brand or organization account, instead of your channel/newsletter account. This is the top option in the channel selector.
- Once the brand dashboard loads, you will see 3 options listed in the menu on the left hand side of the screen. Click on Promotions.
- The Promotions screen will load, listing out active (if any) promotions currently existing across your channels that haven't run yet.
- Click Create campaign on the top right of the screen.
- This will display a Create campaign pop-up window.
- Once the Create campaign pop-up loads, please fill out the following fields:
- Title: Name of the campaign
- Description, which will appear on invoices, if this campaign is to be sold.
- The following fields are not required when the campaign is for sale.
- Promoter name: Advertiser (this field
- Promoter email: Advertiser's email address
- Sell this campaign: Click on the toggle to enable it. Off by default, which is not-sellable. Once enabled, it will create a purchase link through Stripe, and fields below will load:
- Price: cost of the ad placement for this campaign. It is the total amount the advertiser will be charged.
- Checkbox to make this publicly available in your Promotion Store. It will show up as an item that can be purchased by anyone visiting your store.
- Channels: Click the dropdown to select any, or all, channels you wish to include as an option for this campaign.
- Click Create.
- Letterhead creates the campaign and redirects you to the campaign's details page, where you can add a promotion or review the options you selected when creating your campaign.
- If you scroll towards the bottom of the campaign screen, or click on 'View campaign details' at the top right of the screen, you'll see the Details section.
- You can review the following information:
- Created: the date you created this campaign
- Title: the name of the campaign
- Description: what does this campaign include or any description you added when the campaign was created.
- Promoter name: if applicable (if the campaign is for sale through the store, this field is not required)
- Promoter email: if applicable (if the campaign is for sale through the store, this field is not required)
- Product link: Stripe link associated to this campaign. You can share this link via email or Slack with any advertiser you think may be interested in purchasing this campaign. When they click on it, they will be re-directed to Stripe, where they can enter their payment information and complete the purchase.
- Price: cost of the campaign and the amount that the advertiser will be charged.
- Channels: lists the channels where this campaign's promotion will be published.
- If you want to edit any of these details, click Edit. on the top right of the section.
- Once you've completed your updates, you can click Save to save them, or Cancel to undo and leave the campaign with the original values.
- To share the product link, click Copy. This is only necessary if this campaign was created for someone that will not purchase directly from the store, and you have to share the link.
- If you decide to discontinue this campaign, and remove it from your store, you can click the Display in store toggle at the top of the Campaign screen.
- Once you click on the toggle, the toggle will be deactivated (as shown below).You will also see a confirmation message that the campaign was successfully deactivated and the status will update to draft.
- Notification of any purchase would be via a Stripe notification directly from your Stripe account, once the advertiser pays through the product link or store.
- At this point, a campaign is created in your organization with the advertiser's contact information, so you can reach out to him via email to request the assets for the campaign.
You can use our Webhooks to set up a notification, using Zapier, to send a Slack message, notify you via email, or through another application that connects to Zapier when a client purchases a campaign.
An advertiser purchased my campaign, now what?
An advertiser purchased your campaign directly from the store and a new campaign is created in your brand or organization account. A quick way to find this campaign is to go to Promotions -> Campaigns and search by promoter name, which will be filled out with the information he entered when completing the purchase.
Once you have identified the campaign, reach out to the promoter with the dates available and requesting the collateral for each promotion, and once you have this information, you can proceed to create the promotion(s).
For instructions on how to create a promotion, click here.
How can I make sure I don't overlap ads?
To manage your ad inventory, the best place to review whether you are overbooked, is the Calendar view in the Promotions screen. We recommend adjusting the filter to the month you are reviewing.
You can also filter by channel, to make sure all your ad spaces for that channel, for a particular day are filled.
For instructions on how to add the organization-wide promotion to a newsletter in your existing channel(s), please click here.