How to set up your store so you can sell promotion packages
Watch this short video or follow the steps below to learn how to create your Promotions store:
If you prefer written instructions, follow the steps below:
Part 1: Newsletter introduction
How to update each item:
Description: This is in Settings -> General, use 280 characters or less to describe your newsletter.
Link to your newsletter: This is in Settings-> General, enter a link to an edition of your newsletter or a link to your website where visitors can learn more about your newsletter.
Content metrics: This is in Settings-> Selling promotions
- Impressions per send: also called opens, this is the total subscribers' number times the open rate; enter a whole number.
- Clickthrough rate: enter the percentage as a decimal (ie: 9% would be 0.09)
- Open rate: enter the percentage as a decimal
- Total subscribers: enter a whole number
Store banner: This is in Settings-> Selling promotions, upload a store banner or leave it empty if you'd like to have the name of your newsletter appear as a text. Store banners must be either a jpg or png.
Screenshot of your content: This is in Settings-> Selling promotions, grab a screenshot of how your content appears on a phone, and we'll superimpose that in a neat graphic on your store. Your screenshot must be either a jpg or png.
Link to the terms and conditions of your promotion: This is in Settings-> Selling promotions, learn more.
Part 2: Packages
Access this link to learn how to create and manage promotion packages
- On the Settings page, use the links on the top right menu to access the Selling promotions section to manage your availability and publication schedule:
- Publication days: Select all days that you publish, or send, this newsletter.
- What days of the year do you skip? Select all days that you would typically publish, or send, this newsletter but plan to skip. For example, a widely observed holiday like New Year’s Day. Be sure to update this each year.
- Scheduling buffer (in hours): Prevent promoters from scheduling promotions within a certain number of hours before your publication or send time.
- Learn more
- ⚠️ Important! Connect your account to Stripe — this is how you will get paid.
- You're all set! The last thing to do is to activate your store, still in the Selling promotions section, switch the Store visibility toggle to On when you are ready to activate your store, then click Store in the Letterhead menu to view your store live.