We regularly make improvements throughout the week and summarize those changes for you all here.
- New promotion view: We added a new page that displays when a Creator clicks to edit or view a promotion, which includes details about the promoter, the order associated with the promotion, a preview of the promotion, and a link to email the promoter.
- Newsletter Edition preview: We added a content loader that shows while a newsletter preview is loading, which makes it easier for users to visualize when the preview is still loading.
- Promotion type templates: We now use the markup language MJML instead of HTML to create our promotion type templates, this helps build responsive promotions for different email clients.
- Mailchimp API validation: Invalid Mailchimp API keys were showing as valid in Letterhead Settings, we now display an error message when a key is invalid.
- Newsletters marked as Published: We fixed a bug where in some cases viewing a Published newsletter from the Authoring dashboard would show a blank content.
- Promotions list view: The promotions in the list view of the promotions page have been divided into two categories: upcoming and published. This makes it easier for Creators and Promoters to find and differentiate between past and upcoming promotions.
- Mailchimp stats integration: We added a new toggle (Sync your stats with MailChimp) that allows creators to update their stats manually by switching it to off, while still keeping their Letterhead account integrated with Mailchimp.
- Mailchimp integration list: There was a brief moment when Creators couldn't integrate their Letterhead account with Mailchimp — the dropdown to choose a newsletter list to complete the integration was missing, but this issue has been fixed.
- New API endpoint: We have a new API endpoint that works the exact same way as our current API, except it doesn't require the brand or newsletter name, which should make the API slightly easier to use.
- Multi-newsletter navigation: When switching to different newsletters in the app for Creator accounts with multiple newsletters, the orders data and weekly and monthly sales numbers carried over to the next newsletter, but with this fix the data now shows properly for each newsletter selected.
- Calendar view: We found and fixed a bug where the promotion type named showed as "unknown" in the calendar.
- Letterhead menu on Safari: The Letterhead menu items displayed in white text over a light gray background when using Safari, which was hard to read, but this has been corrected.
- Promotion character counter: We fixed an issue where the character counter of short text promotions was stopping at 139 characters instead of 140 characters, which was preventing promotions to be created using the maximum character limit.
- Metrics updates: Metrics (the number of reads and clicks) will now update with new data every 4 hours, as opposed to every 24 hours.
- Emails rebrand: Letterhead transactional emails and log in / password reset emails now come from "Letterhead" and tryletterhead.com, rather than "noreply" and WhereBy.Us.
- Metrics report: Promoters will now receive an email report showing how their promotion performed on its first day of publication.
- Promotion preview: We fixed an issue where the call to action field was not displaying in the preview of the promotion editor for some promotion types.
- Order confirmation emails: Newsletter administrators were not receiving order confirmation emails, but this has been resolved.
- Link tracking: We're now tracking the number of times that all links within a promotion's expanded content get clicked.
- Pixel tracking (number of views): We’ve improved pixel tracking accuracy for MailChimp users.
- Promotions table: We updated the Promotions table to add clarity to metrics. Promotion actions — view or edit, clone, and copy HTML — are now all in one place in the Promotion column to make room for new metrics columns — estimated newsletter reads, estimated clickthrough rate, beta views, and beta clicks.
- Promotions terms of service: Creators can now add a link to their promotions terms and conditions page that will display on their store and the promoter checkout page.
- Support center link: Our support center can now be accessed from the Letterhead menu.
- Creator Signup: When a new user registered for an account at https://app.tryletterhead.com/, the app would fail to render since the user did not have a newsletter, which had to be created beforehand by the Letterhead team. This has been fixed and the app will now render the promoter dashboard.
- Newsletter Settings time zone: Creators can now set their time zone, which is a prerequisite for scheduling newsletters.
- Promotion types with no call-to-action: We found and fixed a bug where promotions couldn't be created for some promotion types, like banners, without a call-to-action field.
- Order confirmation page: We fixed an issue where an invalid character displayed on the order confirmation page in place of the number of promotions.
- Order confirmation: Newsletter administrators will now receive an order confirmation email when a new order is placed in their store.
- Image editor: We now have an image editor that opens up when a promotion image is larger than the required size so that promoters can quickly crop, save and upload their image without leaving the promotion editor.
- Onboarding experience: Future users should have an improved onboarding experience because we completed our implementation of Userpilot — a third party tool used to create contextual onboarding experiences.
- Promotions click metric: We have enabled our click tracking to display in the dashboard and promotions table — the clicks metric showed 0 before this fix.
- Calendar view: We fixed an issue where the calendar view would sometimes not load and freeze the page.
- Orders table: The column sorting functionality was not working properly in the orders table. This has been fixed.
- Scheduling confirmation: Promoters will get a confirmation email once they have successfully scheduled a promotion.
- Accounts with multiple newsletters: We addressed issues where Creators with multiple newsletters could sometimes create a package using promotion types from a different newsletter.
- Promotion editor: We fixed an issue where promotion images were not rendering in the right-side preview area after upload.
- Promotion edit limitation: Promoters and Creators can no longer edit a promotion past its publication date.
- Letterhead menu: We released a new menu in the Letterhead app, with links to manage Packages, Promotions, Newsletter Settings, and Store.
- Account Settings: We added a link to Account Settings in the new menu where Creators are able to update their name and email address.
- Order confirmation: Promoters will now receive an order confirmation email when they buy promotion credits.
- Access to package editor: The package editor now loads directly to its respective link. In the past, Creators were required to navigate to it from the dashboard.
- UI updates: We updated the look and feel in a lot of our components, like tables, so they’re easier to stare at during a hard day’s work.
- Promotion editor: We addressed display bugs in the Promotion editor that should improve the live preview and add clarity to labels for some fields.
- Promotion type HTML template: We added a template code editor to promotion types so that platform administrators can use the app to change the look of a promotion.
- User interface: We made a number of improvements to the UI, including cleaner card styles, and we corrected some usability problems.
- Promotions read metric: The thirty-day rolling total promotions read metric on the dashboard was not calculating accurately. This has been fixed.
- Edit promotions: Promotion images no longer have to be re-uploaded to save an update to a promotion.
- Package price: We fixed an issue where automatically-priced packages displayed $0.00 in the price column of the package table view for creators.
- Letterhead rebranding: The login page has been redesigned with Letterhead logo and colors added to buttons.
- Footer: New footer added to Letterhead site pages with links to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy and Cookie policies.
- Mailchimp integration: We added an integration that will allow newsletters that use MailChimp to easily keep core newsletter statistics — total subscribers, open rate, click rate — updated for stores and dynamic pricing for packages.
- Letterhead quality of life: We fixed a couple of bugs that improve performance and insight.
- Create promotion as a Creator: Creators can now override dates that are disabled when creating a promotion, which will allow them more freedom to manage promotions.
- Edit upcoming promotions: We fixed an issue where promoters could not edit their upcoming promotions when they didn't have any credits in their account; upcoming promotions can now be edited before they publish.
- Order details: We fixed a bug where incorrect customer contact information was showing on the order details page.
- CPM: The CPM field is now available for Creators to view. Changes to a CPM must be done by the Letterhead team.
- Storefront rebrand: We added the Letterhead branding to the store.
- Promotion rendering: We did some behind-the-scenes work to help a promotion render better in newsletters.
- Default promotion types: We fixed an issue where the promoter logo, one of the fields included in two of our newest default promotion types, was not returning any image.
- Creator calendar: There was an error message "Cannot read property ‘title’ of null" when clicking on the calendar, and this has been fixed.
- Letterhead lists: We implemented the new GridJS list component in the creator dashboard, promotion types list, and promotion packages list. We also added a new "Promotion type" column in our AdList component.
- Promotion scheduling: improvements were made to enhance reliability in promotion scheduling.
- Creator dashboard: We fixed a few issues that resulted in some content not loading when creators were quickly navigating around their dashboard. This sets things up so that we can dramatically improve load times, too, which we’re excited about.
- Promotion deletion: There was a brief moment when Creators and Promoters couldn’t delete an upcoming promotion. This issue has been fixed.
- Images: Our image processor would sometimes resize images to our constraints even when those images didn’t need it. This won’t happen anymore.
- Letterhead rebranding: We have started to implement new branding. You will start seeing our new color scheme, fonts, and logo. In the coming weeks, we will continue to make improvements to menus, lists, and more, based on your feedback.
- Newsletter publication schedule availability: We fixed an issue where dates without scheduled content will be unavailable to Promoters when placing promotions.
- Create promotion editor: We fixed an issue where the create promotion editor wasn't properly showing a preview when that promotion was being edited.
- Letterhead navigation: All Letterhead modal windows have been replaced with pages to improve navigation and performance.
- Letterhead lists: We added a new List component, which uses GridJS behind the scenes — an advanced, feature-rich, data plugin for representing tabular data.