We regularly make improvements throughout the week and summarize those changes for you all here.
Promotion types can now have custom schedules: in addition to setting your default promotion availability across all promotion types, creators can now provide types of promotions that are only available on a specific schedule.
- Newsletter broken image issue: Some readers were seeing a broken image link in the heading of newsletters sent through Authoring. We found the root cause of the problem and fixed it.
- Manual metric reporting: We can now manually enter metrics for promotions when our automated metric reporting is not used or needs to be corrected.
- Authoring images: Some images were not showing up in preview or test emails. This has been resolved.
- Newsletter font customization: We added a font picker and a color picker for text links in Authoring settings.
- Newsletter scheduling process: We changed our newsletter scheduling workflow to force newsletter creators to send a test email before scheduling a newsletter, this was done to prevent creators from sending unfinished or non-proofread emails.
- New Sales page: We added a page called Sales for Creators to view all their promotion sales in one place, which can be accessed from the Letterhead menu.
- Promotion placement: Creators can now fetch and place Letterhead promotions in their newsletter via RSS.
- $0.00 Packages: For a brief moment, $0.00 purchases could not be fulfilled on all Letterhead stores. This has been fixed.
- Authoring Settings: Authoring now has its own settings page.
- Copy HTML: We found and quickly fixed a bug that caused the copy HTML link not to work for new promotion types.
- Discount codes: We added a new link to the Letterhead menu, Discount Codes, for Creators to generate percentage discount codes that they can give out to buyers to apply in their Letterhead store.
- Test emails sending status: We added an error message with further instructions for the newsletter creator, that appears when a test email fails to send.
- Newsletter legibility: We have addressed legibility issues for readers viewing Authoring newsletters from different email clients and devices.
- Newsletter editor image upload: We have increased the image file size limit, for images uploaded to a newsletter in Authoring, from 150Kb to 1Mb.
- Newsletters marked as Published: We found and fixed a bug where published newsletters were not loading, the page was stuck in the content loader.
- Promotion purchase: We found and fixed a bug that caused purchases of low-priced promotions (roughly under $30.00) to fail due to a misconfiguration on Stripe's side.