Things you should do before creating your first newsletter through Authoring
1. Choose your email service provider
You can use either Letterhead, Mailchimp, or Constant Contact as your email service provider. You must select a provider to be able to import your list audience, send test emails, and schedule your newsletter for publication through Letterhead Authoring.
To choose Letterhead as your ESP:
- From the Letterhead menu, navigate to Settings -> Sending emails
- From the Email service provider dropdown, select LetterheadESP
- Click the Save your settings button to save and submit your settings
As soon as your changes are saved, a new link: Subscribers, should appear in the Letterhead menu.
Click on the Subscribers link to add and manage your subscribers, learn more.
Mailchimp or Constant Contact:
To connect your Letterhead account to an external ESP (Mailchimp or Constant Contact):
1. From the Letterhead menu, navigate to Settings then Integrations
2. Click the Connect button next to your ESP's name
3. Log in to your ESP and complete the necessary steps to allow Letterhead access to your account
5. You will be sent back to Letterhead to the Integrations page, you should see a confirmation message on the lower right corner of the page.
6. Refresh the page to confirm your account is connected:
7. Finally, if your account is connected successfully, you will see a dropdown menu called Contact list (Constant Contact) or Mailchimp audience on the Settings -> Sending emails page, use the dropdown to select which audience you will be sending your newsletter to.
8. Click the Save your settings button to save and submit your settings
2. Set your sender name and reply email address
From the Letterhead menu, navigate to Settings -> Sending emails
Then fill out your default send name and email address:
- Sender name: Your newsletter comes from this name, and should be something your users easily recognize like your newsletter name or the name of the person who writes the newsletter
- Sender email address: Learn how to use a custom email address as your From email
- Reply email address: This is the email address your subscribers reply to
Once the form fields are complete, click the Save your settings button.