Learn how to import subscribers to Letterhead using a CSV file
Letterhead's ESP, which includes subscriber management, is currently in an alpha testing stage, meaning it is not fully stable and only available to a few users.
The Subscribers page is where you can view, add, manage, and import your newsletter subscribers.
To access the Subscribers page, click on Subscribers in the Letterhead menu.
- Click the Upload CSV link under the Add subscriber button.
- Upload a CSV file of your subscribers. Your file must match the format of our template, for example:
- The name of all four properties, using this exact spelling: name, email, status, and tags, must be included in your template.
- The subscriber's name, email, and status are required fields; tags can be empty.
- You must enter either 0, 1, or 2 in the status column. The numbers represent 0 Not subscribed, 1 Subscribed, and 2 Unsubscribed.
- The tags must be separated by pipes ( | ), and you can enter new and existing tags.
- If the import is successful, you will get a success message and a confirmation email after the upload.
- On the Subscribers page, use the search bar to find the contacts you have imported from your .csv file — make sure to refresh the page if you don't see your contacts right away.